Gary:

According to Dieter Bergman, the board is actually becoming a part of the circuit with all of the high speed and impedance requirements, therefore Printed Circuit Board is the more appropriate term.  The board is no longer just a wiring interconnect.  I don't have any "official documentation" on this, just Dieters comments, which is good enough for me.

David Baldwin
C.I.D.