Hi Bill,
It looks bad.The solder on those pads is heavy contaminated prior to wave
soldering.
You should examine unprocessed boards.This kind of appereance might be
results of lot of things:
- incident splash of chemicals corrosive to tin/lead ( for example those
based on sulfuric acid) somewhere between HASL and your assembly line.
- unwashed chemicals from HASL precleaning line
- poor etch resist removal ( tin or tin/lead from pattern plating)
-dross in HASL pot
- rework ? ( results of unwashed aggresive flux used for rework)
I do not think,that this is results of LPI residues - if those are present
on the pads,the result is lack of coverage
Edward

Edward Szpruch
Eltek , Manager of Process Engineering
P.O.Box 159 ; 49101 Petah Tikva Israel
Tel  ++972 3 9395050 , Fax  ++972 3 9309581
e-mail   [log in to unmask]