Hi all,

        I'm brainstorming on risks and benefits of 0603 caps vs 0402 caps.
If the cap value, voltage rating, dielectric material, terminations, and use
conditions are the same, would one be better than the other?  My thoughts
are it would be a wash or at least not significant.  Here's what I have so
far:

Benefits of 0402 vs 0603:
Smaller size reduces thermal stress/strain on solder joints from CTE or
board flexing.
Smaller size uses less real estate on board

Risks of 0402 vs 0603:
Equipment may have difficulty placing
Thinner dielectric spacing to achieve same capacitance, cap higher failure
rate
Smaller size, cracks easier to develop
Higher risk of tombstoning

        What do you all think?  I'm sure I missed something, maybe even
wrong on some of the above.

Thanks,

Glenn