Charlene,
Material is a large factor in the depth of scoring, as well as to the quality and ease of removal.
I've seen from a .018" to a .031" remainder. The 031" would break, but not cleanly. Made for
a stronger panel, but the .018 was easier and the product looked much better.

The assembly also becomes a factor since some have the entire panel assembled, requiring a
thicker V and some have the board scored so they may be removed then assembled.
The depth and angle aren't as important as what is left. This may be a value that you use
regardless of the thickness.

As for combination, consider only the hardness for the thickness remaining.

Consider making a matrix of you findings

Type                  Fr-4        Fr-4 Panel assembled       etc......

Thickness         .020"                .031"

Sorry I can't be more specific, since it is application driven.

Chris Robertson

What depth, and angle do you spec on your panel drawings for scoring a board with a .062 thickness?

Does it make a difference on the Board Material because we are using a combination of FR4 and RF35 for a 4 layer board.

-Char

Do You Yahoo!?
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/