  From: Bondarenko, Walt
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 3:45 PM
  Subject: [DC] SolderMask Relief

  Hello Everyone,
          A question has been brought to me.  What is the smallest soldermask relief to a surface mount pad being used in today's world.  I'm being told that a 5 mil relief is a good safe number, however, with parts that are 10 mil pitch that a 3 mil or less should be used.  What have some of you run into?

  Walter Bondarenko
  PCB Designer
  Andrew Corporation
  Amplifier Products Division - AYP