From: Tamir Ben Shoshan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: July 15, 2001 10:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] Applying HAL on Electroles Nickel Gold

Hello All,
An engineering  mistake at the PCB fabricator caused a deviation at the
drilling size of some press fit connectors (the tools were designed to
HAL
when the coating was Ni-Gold). I wonder if an addition selective HAL on
the
component's area (with the NI-Au) can be implemented and still stay with
high reliability boards (with reference to the brittle intermetalics
alloy
that can be formed with time at that area). I have to say that those
bare
boards are very expensive and complicated(28 layers, 18"x18")

Tamir B. Shoshan