Hi Steve!

The formula that has been floating around for a while is that you get
30-grams of surface tension for every square inch of pad surface....

-Steve Gregory-

Question?

There is a formula somewhere which I can use to calculate the maximum
allowable mass of a component in relation to the pad lands. Basically I
want to make sure our designers do not put components on the underside
of the PCB which are going to fall off during doublesided reflow.

I would like to point out that this is a design for manufacturability
question, not an attack on the tentative grasp on reality some card
designers have.

Steve.