Hi Craig!

This is true from my experience when using a standard 63/37 solder. I do know
one way to make them look better, I'm not a metallurgist, and I can't explain
why, but if you use a 2% silver solder the joints are noticably smoother and
shinier...this was told to me a long, long time ago. Ever since then when I'm
soldering to flash gold, I'll use a SN62/ PB36/ AG2 solder paste..

Maybe somebody like Werner can tell us why using a 2% silver solder makes the
joints look smoother and shinier...

-Steve Gregory-