From: TechNet [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Stephen R. Gregory
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 2:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] Measling...

Hi ya'll!

I took a few days off last week, and came back to be confronted with some
boards that have been measled from rework...

Go to: http://stevezeva.homestead.com/index.html to take a peek.

The boards are polyimide, and it obviously appears that there was too much
heat used when they were reworked...also they may have not been baked prior
to the rework...I was told that they were, but you know how that goes.

I know what the -610 says about it, it says it's acceptable as long as the
assembly performs as specified. There isn't any burns or anything around any
of the barrels, just the measles...and it's only on one 14-pin DIP location.
Would any of you have any REAL hesitation about accepting this assembly?

Thanks!

-Steve Gregory-