Steven,
It is standard policy with most PCB shops that they are responsible only
for replacement of the fabs, but a good working relationship would
dictate otherwise. You vendor should be contacted immediately, as this
may be an indicator that they are having a process problem. They should
want this feedback, and, whether it is policy or not, they should work
with you on recovery of costs incurred. Furthermore, they should foot
the bill for the analysis.  Most shops have capability to do it in
house.
Listen to that little voice.........don't wait for it to get worse. Your
vendor needs your feedback. It's useless from a vendor's point of view
to hear that the defect has been seen before, but there is no example
available for analysis.
kb