From: Mary Jane Chism [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 11:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] Exposed copper

I have a question concerning the subject matter of "exposed copper" on conductors and/or ground planes due to missing solder mask. I have reviewed the IPC-A-600 and SM-840 and have came to a conclusion on this. I want to hear from the experts, which includes all of you, the interpretation of this condition. I want to know if this is a defective condition or not, what makes it defective, or if it is acceptable; anything you all want to tell me. Thanks much.

Mary Jane Chism

Technical Trainer/ Learning Center

Kimball Electronics Group

Phone: (812) 634-4462