Hey Steve, Well, interesting situation ya got there. As it turns out, from my aspect, you and I think much alike. However, when consulting a dear friend of mine who is in purchasing and has done electronic manufacturing purchasing in the past, it seems that the only color there is, is gray, or is that grey, and it comes in many shades! Her initial response is that it should only be for the cost of the fab. Then you start considering the agreements, the process, etc., etc. and so on and so forth. So, bottom line is, yes......and no. So glad I can be of non-service to ya! I really wanted to help your sleep but I guess I will have to leave that up to the brewski's in your local frig. I guess I just look at the word 'responsibility' a little different than business/manufacturing does. I will say that in a past life we had some similiar type situations with a major distributor who really made life hell for us when they 'forgot' to order micros to our demand. Well, lead time and everything else really hurt our supply of product to the market. The distributor was raked over the coals in our offices and the rep was very embarrassed to come around for a long time. Sweet dreams Steve! Richard Hamilton Independant Resource At 10:14 PM 6/18/01 EDT, you wrote: >>>> Hi All Ya'll... I know what I'm about to ask, may seem petty, but I'll ask anyway... Those of you that read my posts earlier about the delamination/blister deal, well this is related to that. Is the persuit to finding out what happened with *these two" boards worth the time, lab services, etc...worth it? Like I said earlier, it's only two assemblies...$1,500 dollars at the most, a decent amount of money to me (I could do a lot with $1,500 dollars), but a barely a drop in the bucket in the overall scheme of things... The reason that I'm asking this question, is because I was enlightened by one of the buyers that even if we do determine that there was a problem with these *TWO* fabs, the vendor probably will give us two new replacement fabs, but we can write the components off, as well as our labor...is that pretty standard? Like I also said, this is the first time this has happened, with everything that was shipped to us since November last year...everything has been pretty good. Reflecting here at home, with a brew in my hand, me thinks I might be making much ado about nothing...I'll keep this in the ol' memory banks, and if it gets worse, then I have a history to base my "whinings" on... So, learned ones, should I go the lab route and analyze everything to "inth" degree? Or just realize that it maybe was a fluke, and keep an eye out for the same deal in the future? If it does get worse, then would be the time for thumb-screws...but part of me says; "Steve, why wait for it to get worse?" As always, all ya'll, are the best... -Steve Gregory- <<<<<<<< --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Technet Mail List provided as a free service by IPC using LISTSERV 1.8d To unsubscribe, send a message to [log in to unmask] with following text in the BODY (NOT the subject field): SIGNOFF Technet To temporarily halt delivery of Technet send the following message: SET Technet NOMAIL Search previous postings at: www.ipc.org > On-Line Resources & Databases > E-mail Archives Please visit IPC web site (http://www.ipc.org/html/forum.htm) for additional information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or 847-509-9700 ext.5315 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------