process can be optimized to minimize or eliminate voids.
Syed
-----Original Message-----
From: Bogdan Gabi [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 1:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [TN] Antw: [TN] voids in BGA

Just a thought from another point of view- tell me if I am wrog- Seeing voids in the solder joint you know nothing about when inspecting a BGA by X-Ray could be something positive if they are not in excess- at least you know that melting took place. If you have a laminograph and you can locate them- at the interface or inside the ball- good for you. I don't have a laminograph and perfect balls without any voids make me suspicious.

Gaby