From: TechNet [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Charlie Pitarys
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 3:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [TN] low foaming water sol. solder mask?

It is not the chemistry, by itself it has about zero foam.
Boards from the surface mount line clean without foam occuring, i.e. no w/s mask.
It even foamed with a competing brand.
Foaming is only seen when boards from the wave solder line w/gobs of w/s mask applied are run.
The incoming water is hot.
 Bottom line is the one constituant in the mask, Sodium Salt of Polymeric Carboxylic Acid, combine this with rosin flux and you get the StaPuff marshmellow monster from ghost busters.
So I know whats causing it, I'm just looking for what others are using and not seeing these issues. Thanks