Note need OHM rating target.
-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Hanrahan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 2:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] Bareboard Capacitance Testing

I'm trying to determine if any bareboard manufacturers have performed capacitance testing, or know if there is any reference to doing it in any IPC documents. We are considering building an 11 layer, heavy copper, board with the following note included in the fab drawing notes. "Measure capacitance of dielectric layers 2, 4, 7, and 9 to confirm all four layers are within 20%. Dielectric layers 2 and 4 are measured by shorting Cu layer 2 at --, to Cu layer 5 at --, and measuring the capacitance from --- to ---. Dielectric layers 7 and 9 are measured by shorting Cu layer 7 at --,  etc., etc".
This note and recommended protocol don't sound familiar to us, and we were wondering if anyone has had experience with this type of requirement, if so how did you handle it?