From: David [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 7:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] Measure to prevent silver MSP tarnish

Dear friends,

Thanks for all the reply and help.

Is there anyone who could advise on the measures to prevent silver tarnish in assembly house.

Virtually every equipment we use to assemble a silver plated PCBA is not free from sulfur. I can think of the conveyor, gloves, pick and place nozzle , carton box for shipment and even the environment itself has presence of sulfur. Even so, one cannot guarrantee that the end user (our customer) is free from sulfur too

If prevention is not possible, is there an Industrial workmanship standard that could accept this tarnish?

Thanks.

Best regards,
David.