TechNet :

Mechanical Engineering asked an interesting question about tolerance stackup calculations
to see if their new design will have enough tolerance to meet all worst case conditions.
This includes sheetmetal housings, chassis and PWA tolerances so they can be comfortable
that their connectors will align and mate without possible interference due to tolerance stackups.

They are taking all the worst case tolerances to see if there is a condition that would/could
cause a fit problem and wanted to know if there was a formula(s) that could be used to
provide this information.

I am not aware of any, but thought I'd throw it out to the expert experience of this forum.

If you have any tricks or suggestions I'm certain we would appreciate hearing about them.

Tks.....DT