I've been through the process.  It really reduced the amount of solder skips on SOT-23 packages.  We didn't have any issues with excessive joints or solder joints that didn't meet the IPC solder joint requirement.  We put probably about 3 mils down in surface mount.  We used it more as additional mechanical strength for handling through the though-hole assembly line processes.  Watch your reflow profiles though we had a residue issue with the adhesive and the paste being liquid at the same time.  The adhesive wasn't cured completely when the solder reflow started.  We were a no-clean process also but the no clean flux embedded itself into the adhesive.  It did cause problems with a few medical customers.

Kathy