A new procedure (7721 6.3 Component Modifications and Additions) has been approved by the developing committee.  It has been typeset and I'm doing final proof on it today.  When it is completed it will be posted on our website (On-Line Resources) for free download.  Please give me until the end of next week to get it posted.  Jack

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/15/01 03:44PM >>>
I have searched IPC-7711 and IPC-7721 and have been unable to locate methods
of mounting extra components on a finished CCA (other than - perhaps- part
of Figure 20 in IPC-7721 Sec 6.1 page 7 of 10).

Is anyone aware of and acceptable "methodology" for accomplishing CCA
modification by adding various types of components.

I would like to consider:
  Resistors and Capacitors
     Various other shapes such as
        Tantalum Caps