Graham,

We don't demonstrate our end product reliability.  What we do, per the consultants advice, is to:
  1. Ensure that the no-clean flux we use passes Bellcore specifications.
  2. Use the Ionograph and electromigration tests to determine bare board cleanliness, and work with our suppliers to ensure the boards are clean (to our specs).
  3. Use Certificates of Compliance as the conforming document for solder, solder paste, and flux.  Occasionally challenge the C of C's.
  4. Monitor and control our processes,  to ensure that variation is reduced.

    Basically, the process controls we have in place, I am told, will satisfy our customer (so far, so good).  If our customer requires demonstration of end product reliability, then we will proceed down that path.

    Howard Watson

    "Graham Naisbitt" <[log in to unmask]>

    02/21/01 09:48 AM