From: Bob Arciolla [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 1:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] fractured joints

The IPC standard states that all clipped leads must either be reflowed or
checked under 10X magnification. Is this just a standard for single sided
boards? If you have a double sided board and a good fillet on the component
side of the board and you clipped the leads on the solder side what would be
the cause of concern if a joint is fractured on the solder side?