-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Davies <[log in to unmask]>
To: IPC <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 12:40 PM
Subject: Fw: voiding

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Davies <[log in to unmask]>
To: IPC <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 11:25 AM
Subject: voiding

Hello out there:
 This message of help could have been summited by another but I still need some advice or opinion, Thanks. We are experiencing problems with voiding in small holes (not too small .35mm 0.014) and some larger holes at random times. We use a Direct Metalization process for hole prep. with a palladium base.  I realize the problem of bubbles and foreign objects in holes and such after drill (high pressure rinse after deburr and vibrate on line) but we are still getting a panel or two at random on too often occasions. We have the line checked daily to be sure we are in spec. chemically and mechanically, the voids are still happening too often here as of late.  Is there anyone out there experiencing this problem with the direct metalization process? I did some panels with panel plate and direct metal plate side by side and couldn't create the problem. Any ideas or help would sure be appriciated.
Thanks in advance
Frank