  From: TechNet [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of James Moffitt
  Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 5:22 PM
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: [TN] Re2010

  Alcon:
  - Once upon a time we (USN) did some experimentation with Tce
differentials.
  We found that as long as the Tce differential was < 5 ppm/C degree and the
  component was no larger that 0.5 inch we had long product life.
Experiments
  were conducted with LCCCC in the early 80's time frame.
  - In addition, the Air Force funded some pretty comprehensive (MANTEC)
  studies that assessed the effect of Tce differential across five different
  substrates with various types of components.  Contact the MANTEC office at
  WPAFB (if it still exists) for additional info on getting copies of MANTEC
  under FOI.
  - Hope the above helps.  Regards, Jim Moffitt, Technical Director,
  Electronics Training Advantage, Indianapolis, IN