Tenison,

The cost to build may very well remain the same, it would depend upon the amount of
process controls in place at the fabricator as well as what type inspections/testing
are currently being performed on that type product. You may find that many
fabricators are capable of providing product that meets the requirements of class 3
and not even know it.

Keep in mind that the testing/acceptance criteria is far more critical for a class 3
then for class 1 but that does not mean your current fabricator, or any fabricator
may not already be performing those added process or inspection steps today. The
extensive testing often required of class 3 is often the price changer...

I'd ask your fabricator what their thoughts are...

Franklin D Asbell
Network Circuits, Inc.