  From: Barry Gallegos
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2000 12:05 PM
  Subject: [TN] Question on Short Run Processes

  Good mourning Tec Netters.

  How does one define what constitutes a Short Run Process? And what is it?

  We are an OEM assembly facility that uses Very high mix and low to medium volumes.

  In any given week.

  I am guessing that this is a defined process for lot quantities under a certain number and

  Is used because the yields vary drastically with low lot quantities.

  My yields are all over the place because we typically run low lot quantities of anywhere from

  25 assemblies to 75, 150, 200 and on good weeks we will run upwards of work orders with lot

  quantities of 500, 1000 to 1200.

  Question: Do I need to be able to use this tool to level the playing field in reference to Yields?

  Question: How can an individual such as my self do this if it is needed?

  Barry Gallegos

  Process wana be

  Western Electronics

  208-377-1557