HI all,

 I'm looking for some feedback as to the effectiveness of reflective AOI systems for use on etched lines that finish with below a .004 top.  I have had mixed results in this area. When left with a 4 mil top ( or less ) on the circuit after etch,  we tend to see a lot of prude defects related to stains and other cosmetic blemishes. This leads to excessive amounts of verification which we all know increases the potential of escape.

We are currently looking a purchasing a new AOI system We are debating between Laser or reflective. So, based on this  perhaps those of you that use AOI units could respond to the following questions.  Due to the nature of the request, you may wish to send the response to me directly.

Please note: I am not looking for response from AOI suppliers. Users only.

1.  Would you recommend laser or reflective?

2.   Do you have laser or reflective?

3.  How many false callouts are you having to deal with on fine
    lines?

4.  Whose equipment would you recommend?

5.  How much down time are you seeing?

All responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed Cosper

I would appreciate some feedback