Dear Members!

First I would like to say "Thank you very much!" to all, who answered my questions about material for capaitors and what Mylar is. Now I know more about this. Most thankful I am for, that you all take all questions on this list as serious and find a solution and share your knowledge.

My investigating on caps-materials forced some more questions now. In China it's rather difficult to buy polypropylene-caps. I design a 3-and-a-half-digit multimeter-module, and in the data-sheets, both Intersil and Maxim, they recommend these polypropylene-caps because of their outstanding electrical advantages.

In my project, I use the data-sheets for the IC "ICL 7106" from Intersil and the "MAX 138" from Maxim. I would like to know: Do you have some experience with, to replace such a good cap with, say 2 or 3 cheaper caps (Mylar [Polyester] is available)?

For example, could I exchange a 1uF-Polypropylene-cap with three 330nF-Polyester-caps? I need to look at the low-leakage and low-dielectric absorption.

Thank you very much for your attention!
Jurgen Kruger.