Frank,

First, Is this a total range of 4-5 micron? That does not sound like a HAL
specification. Since your problem seems to be related to hole plugging, I
suspect the range is wider for the thickness. In this thickness range, I
would not expect hole plugging to be a typical problem.

What is the dimension of the connector fingers you are trying to coat?

What is the Thickness of the Panel?

What size holes are you having trouble clearing?

The HAL equipment/process could be a factor. I am a member of a Hal Users
Group (HUG)that has done extensive testing on various types of HAL and the
results show that All HAL IS NOT EQUAL. Please contact me off line if you
would like copies of the data and a paper given summarizing the capability
call " A STUDY OF SOLDER THICKNESS UNIFORMITY FROM THE HOT AIR LEVELING
PROCESS" which summarizes the results of the testing on various HAL
equipment and "The Benefits of Angle" which describes the variations in
thickness distributions seen with different processing angles through HAL.
It may be of benefit to visit the following websites for more HAL capability
information www.huggroup.org and www.tet-halco.com

I would be happy to work with you (and your customer, if needed)to meet your
customers requirements. We have in-house capability to evaluate special
requirements and process panels. Please contact myself or Ray Dubois
([log in to unmask]) off-line if we can be of assistance.

Sherry Goodell

Applications Eng. Mgr.

TET Halco

8 Delta Drive, Londonderry, NH 03053

P 603/437-8653

F 603/434-4156

E-Mail [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]