From: Stephen R. Gregory
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2000 9:32 AM
Subject: [TN] MRP Systems...

Hi ya'll!

I know this isn't a good question to ask us assembly type folks (but maybe it
is...),
it has to do with MRP systems. My boss asked me what I knew about MRP
systems. I told him not much, but I did know that using the one we have here
is pretty clunky. He said he agrees...hard to do any sort of queries, layer
upon layer of screens to look at something, etc. It's an old mainframe based
type of system (Western Data rings a bell, but I'm not really sure). So he
asked me if I knew of any other MRP systems that would be easier to use.

At the last place I worked at, myself, along with some other people in the
company was given a presentation by some guys on a system called MRP-9000...I
was pretty impressed. All windows-based screens, can integrate a barcode
system in it, among many other things.

Are there any other systems out there that anyone can recommend looking into?
My boss asked me to try and find a few...I'm pretty clueless except for
MRP-9000...

-Steve Gregory-