From: Monica Mihai [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2000 3:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] Capacity Planning Tools.

Hello Technet,

I have a question for all manufacturing groups. I am looking at developing a capacity planning tool with the following functionality:

Note that I am not looking for an end-to-end inventory/material planning system such as SAP or BAAN. I am more interested in evaluating whether our manufacturing processes have the capacity to run the forecasted load and what is the resulting utilization of our equipment.

Any ideas on relatively inexpensive "off the shelf" systems that would accomplish these requirements? I would also be very interested in any suggestions of how this could be developed "in house" (what software would work best for this task?).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Monica Mihai.