Ed,

How ya doin'.  I was wondering if the study you mention indicated any gains at less rotation?  Situation:  you have a big assembly that you are going to build custom palleting for but you don't have conveyor width sufficient to crank the assembly around 45 degs. in the pallet.  Is it worth designing the pallet to hold the assembly at less of an angle?

Gary Camac

Ed Popielarski wrote:

Graham, We built several rotating pallets for a large contract manufacturer (is that abbreviated "ConMan"?) and they did extensive testing to determine optimum angle. The results were that 45 deg +/- 2deg is optimum and produced "significant" improvement. I can get you guys in touch if you want to persue further. Regards, Ed Popielarski
QTA Machine
10 Mc Laren, Ste. D
Irvine, Ca. 92618 Ph: 949-581-6601
Fx: 949-581-2448 http://www.qta.net Check out our BGA Baller and Process Equipment Services!