TECHNET Archives

December 1999

From:
Alberto Callo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 12:37:30 -0800
Hello Technetters,

We are in the process of re-working one of our boards and I was
wondering if anyone has suggestions regarding the assembly in series of
two axial components.  We will eventually revise the PCB design but in
the meantime we need to add a diode to a resistor location.  We have to
use standoffs to support both components since they will be subject to
vibration and shock tests. I was wondering what will the best way to
arrange both components and reduce the amount of leads bending,  or is
there any standards? I couldn't find any recommendations in IPC-7711 and
IPC-7721.

      R      D

       0      0
      PCB holes