DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

November 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Alderete, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 07:18:10 -0800
Sichung-

PCB design/CAD courses are hard to find in U.S. Universities. There might
be specific instances of CAD companies collaborating with local
Universities or Community Colleges for PCB CAD courses. Web sites for
Mentor Graphics, VeriBest, Pads, and Cadence might have more information on
this.

There are also private companies which offer PCB design courses, some
involving CAD. Try The Copper Connection, in Santa Clara California
[Silicon Valley area],
http://www.copperconn.com/main.html <http://www.copperconn.com/main.html>

and also schools in the Bay Area [San Jose, Fremont, Sunnyvale, Santa
Clara, and other cities in that region].

The PCB CAD companies Web sites, mentioned above, may also have links to
companies offering training classes.

See
http://www.utexas.edu/world/univ/ <http://www.utexas.edu/world/univ/>
for a current listing of University and Community College web sites in the
U.S.; They are listed by state, for convenience, as well as alphabetically.

Good luck

Michael Alderete
Aerojet
Azusa California