DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

October 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Don Larisey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 10:16:58 -0400
Jimmy Blier wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> I think I might have been unclear when I asked my question.
> I'm looking for a printer that does films, just like the one your films

Jimmy,

What we did at some of the companies I worked for, was ask the fab shops
send us a transparency copy of the gerber plots, for a nominal fee of
course.
It was a lot cheaper than buying a photoplotter. We could always compare
them
to our own paper plots to verify that they were correct. These
transparencies were used by QA and other departments as the needs arose.

Regards,
Don
--
Don Larisey  Sr. PCB Designer