DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

October 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Ray Humphrey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 19:25:43 -0700
Jimmy,
Many modern printers and plotters will do what you need.  I use an HP
DesignJet 650C, which will plot on a variety of paper types plus inkjet film
and vellum.  InkJet printers will handle glossy film and transparencies,
too.  Then benefit of using one of these options, rather than a
photoplotter, is that you can get your film printed in color, if you like.
The quality is very good with the cost being very low.  Some laserjets will
also handle transparent films.

Ray