DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

October 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 20:56:42 -0400
Hi Jimmy,

I'm wondering what you're using now for check prints?  As an alternative to
a photoplotter, have you considered possibly a B size laser printer?  We use
one here combined with GerbTool plot only software.  The laser printer
performs other duties when not making layer check prints, which is a good
thing to bring up to the "suits" when looking for funds.  We're currently
using a pair of networked HP8100's. Each can crank out a pretty dense 6U VME
layer in under a minute.

Tom Hybiske
General Atronics Corporation
Wyndmoor, PA 19038