DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Gruppi, Larry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 12:25:48 -0400
 Okay...thanks for letting me know soon.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Robertson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, September 17, 1999 3:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [DC] I hope

Regarding thermals, I was trained to make the ID of the thermal the
same as an internal pad/land + 10Mil + 10%
The OD and the web at 25% of the ID (pad/land)

Researching this several years ago I found that this was above and beyond
most specs.
I'm now looking at the IPC spec and it dosen't make a hell of a lot of
sense.
I'm sure there are others out there that don't quite understand.
Could someone clarify?

If there are any bugs, suggestions, etc. there is a "format"
that would help tech support identify our problems.

Software;    Accel PCB
Version;    V15
Date;
Subject;
Description;
Reason; (If necessary)

I'm assured that this will help Tech support process out emails.

Chris Robertson
PCB Designer
Lockheed - Martin Services, Inc.
Ph/Fax (256) 722-2626
ICQ# 13541566

This has been cross posted. Please ignore irrelevant information