DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 22:09:14 -0400
Yes, Ray, as a matter of fact, I do recall that design. Very neat.  PEMs sure,
they can be pressed in no problem and will grab the FRP fine but call it
"personal preference" [and a lot of time spent with machinists who cuss about
their use] as they don't like countersinks so I havce learned not to either!

Counterbores, WELL, that's a different animal entirely.  CB's are great because
you can use a counterbore tool that self-centers itself and you can then bore
exactly the depth you want.  Piece of cake.  Ideal, of course, for my favorite
fasteners, socket head or Torx head cap screws.  I do have to ocassionally use
flatheads but I try to avoid them in favor of counterbored sockets.

Bob