DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
John Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:47:14 -0500
Hi Karen,

I do possess a single copy of the original IPC-SM-782 as it was published back in
March 1987.  Let me know what you need footprints for and we will get them to you via
fax.

Best Regards,

John Perry
Technical Project Coordinator
IPC
2215 Sanders Road
Northbrook, Il 60062
1-847-790-5318

>>> Karen Cardwell <[log in to unmask]> 09/26/99 06:58PM >>>
Does anyone still have a copy of the first IPC-SM-782?

I have a customer requiring that we use the original IPC-SM-782
for creation of their footprints. Yes, they want the larger footprints
to aid in hand soldering.

If you still have a copy, would it be possible to fax me the
required pages if and when we get this job?

If you don't have a copy, but have some information on how much I
should increase the pads in IPC-SM-782 Revision A to allow for
better hand soldering, would you please pass it on.

Thanks.

Karen Anne Cardwell
Senior PCB Designer
Allied Signal InterChip