DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
John Laur <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:52:21 -0500
All,
I designed a board 13 years ago that had eurocard connectors that were
attached with something like a flathead #2 or some metric screw.  Give me a
break it was 13 years ago.  Anyhow, the board required a countersink to
allow a back cover to fit flush on the solderside.  The board was retired
this year and we had no problems with the countersink over the years.  The
board was in an industrial product,  machine vision.  It was a very
expensive board, so if there would have been a problem I would have known.

In other words, I did it and it worked.

John Laur
Rockwell Automation / Allen-Bradley
Milwaukee, Wi.