DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:54:06 -0400
Me, I've been breathjing air far too long; going from mmf and mf (vacuum tube
era) to uF and pF was enough for me to cope with - I just can't seem to get used
to nF!

And, on schematics, it's just easier to deal with two types of caps (pF or uF)
although we do deal with Kohms and Mohms and ohms.  Habit, I guess.  nF came
into wider useage with cheap C meters became available and they only display 3
digits and so shifting the decimal point three places allowed them to display to
3 sig figs.

Bob Landman
H&L