DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Dee Stover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 10:18:57 -0700
Something else to consider - will the end product be fixed at the component
level or board level.  Meaning, if the board fails in the field or back at
the shop, will a tech be expected to fix it at the component level or just
toss the entire board and put in a new one.  Maximum pad is necessary for
desoldering and resoldering parts, reduces the chance of pads lifting off.

Dee Stover  [log in to unmask]
Design Drafting Technician
National Optical Astronomy Observatory