DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Chris Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 07:59:22 -0500
IPC guy,

What is the appropriate electrical test voltage values for;
Commercial?
Mil?

What is the appropriate electrical test resistance values for;
Commercial?
Mil?

What is the appropriate electrical test short circuit current values for;
Commercial?
Mil?

Why I ask is, we have had a board house send us specs on their
electrical test and they have specified a resistance threshold of
1K.
In other words the trace resistance may be 999 Ohms and it will pass.

My feeling is the trace resistance should be in the mili-ohms,
roughly .050 Ohms.

What does IPC-ET-652 or whatever document that applies state?

Chris Robertson
PCB Designer
Lockheed - Martin Services, Inc.
Ph/Fax (256) 722-2626