TECHNET Archives

August 1999

From:
"Burtt, Nigel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:33:37 +0100
Smarties and Techies,

Is this fellow (below) correct that any solder containing silver is not
Bellcore compliant? What about the silver loaded Pb/Sn solder paste that
many, many of us use.

Are we asking for trouble if our products are expected to be in service for
many years?

Nigel Burtt
Production Engineering Manager
Dolby - European HQ