TECHNET Archives

July 1999

From:
Rob Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 20:29:27 -0400
Yes, to add to what Jon has said specific gravity should be included to... When we
use our Omegameter, we set the alcohol concentration to 75% +- 3%.  The machine
figures this automatically by the fluid temperature & the specific gravity.  We
use a 15 minute test & a pass/fail limit of 6.5 ug.  However, it mentions 14 ug in
the Omegameter manual.  Other numbers are used on different equipment (ie,
Ionograph) due to test procedures & calibration techniques.  I think the 6.5 ug
limit we use was set to acheive the Bellcore cleanliness standards.

Rob Watson
Sanmina Corp.
Plant 10 - Durham, NC