TECHNET Archives

July 1999

From:
"Ronald J. Leckfor" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 10:55:17 -0400
Hello Steve,

I know just how you feel, I used to live in the, I-270 Corridor first in Germantown, MD, then in Frederick, and it is the same problem you are describing, indeed it is truly a sad situation, when there is little sense of community spirit to latch onto.  If Oklahoma doesn't work out, I think you would find Warren, or Youngstown, Ohio just as appealing as Oklahoma!  Friendly people, lower pay,  low gas prices $0.99 for Regular Unleaded, and lower stress and lower cost of living.  Mostly small town living, a good place to raise kids, since most of the steel mills are gone, and diverse business has started really filling in the gap (they are still working on it, but have a unhealthy fixation with wooing GM Assembly Lordstown, and Delphi-Packard Electric, both are part of a slowly dimming industry, instead of concentrating on bring in high tech electronics industries.  I lived in Germantown, MD for 2 years before any of my neighbors really stopped and said hello in the parking lot one day.  It turned out that person had just moved in and was from Cleveland, which explains the friendly behavior.  Like me, he moved back and is much happier for it, and we are friends to this day!

Ron Leckfor