TECHNET Archives

July 1999

From:
Wanner Bernhard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 17:03:58 +0200
Hi Cory
Because we have to lacquer our pcb's the adhereance issue is also important
for us. We have seen solder masks as well as fluxers as well as conformal
coatings which decreases the adhereance of between conformal coating and
solder mask dramatically. Some adhereance killer resists to all usable
cleaning processes (isopropanole, saponifier, FCKW). Sometimes a very smoth
finish indicates the presence of polyglycoles.
If your pcb supplier uses two or more solder resists, you could try to find
a difference between this types. Also may there is a difference between
pcb's after soldering (with fluxer) and without.
Bernhard