TECHNET Archives

July 1999

From:
Albert Mok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 13:55:12 +0800
Dear Francis,

I use MacDermid 9241 as well.  I suppose that the variation is within the
acceptable range for this brightener when the plating copper thickness is 1
mil.   We are using 25ASF and the panel size is 18x24 inch.  How about
yours?

If copper thickness varies between panel to panel, please check firstly if
the panel come from the same plating position(i.e. the same flight bar with
the same location, the same copper bath.. etc).  You need some calibration
on each plating rack or contact or plating distance, I think.

Hope this helps.

At 11:25 AM 1999/7/4 -0700, Francis Lai wrote:
>Recently, I have found that Cu thickness plated onto panels may vary uo
>to 150 u inches from one panel to another under the same conditions and
>current and in the same bath.
>Did I do anything wrong? I am using a Macdermid acid plating bath 9241.
>
>My e-mail : [log in to unmask]
>
>THANKS!!!!!!!!
>
>Francis

Albert Mok