TECHNET Archives

July 1999

From:
Rick Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 11:06:25 -0700
Hi,

We've recently started receiving Texas Instruments C6701 DSP chips in a 352
pin BGA package with a large metal heat slug on the top.  It appears the
weight of the slug causes the balls to over collapse during reflow,
increasing the amount of shorts we experience.  Does anyone have any
experience placing and reflowing this package?  Any suggestions as to reflow
profiles or other stuff I should look at would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rick Thompson
Ventura Electronics Assembly
2665A Park Center Dr.