TECHNET Archives

July 1999

From:
Matthew Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 13:27:52 -0700
Hello all,

Thanks to all, by the way, for help on my last delamination problem on flex
circuits - we think we've licked it. Here's my next question:

I'm wondering about the degradation of performance of acrylic adhesives with
exposure to temperature. I think I've seen a lot of people mention that the
adhesive becomes brittle over time at exposure to heat. Does anyone have any
data they can share? Also, are there other properties that are affected?
Does the bond strength suffer?

Thanks for any info!
Matt Sanders

Matthew Sanders
PCB/Metal Procurement Engineer, Trimble Navigation Ltd.
Phone: (408) 481-7817
Fax: (408) 481-8590